The history of West Chester Baptist Church began in March of 1954 when a group of Christians led by the Holy Spirit
came together at the home of Russell and Beaulah Kuntzman. The church was organized around 12 charter members
and became known initially as the Independent Baptist Church of Deer Park. In April of 1954 the small body of
believers moved services
to the VFW Hall in Blue Ash. Just a short time later steady growth necessitated yet
another move to Amity School and in 1957 moved into the first building purchased by the church. Later the
name was changed to Deer Park Baptist Church and with the relocation in 1990 to West Chester Baptist Church.
The name changed but the commitment and goals remained the same—to share the gospel,
to see lives changed, and to support and encourage missionaries around the world.
Pastor Ozell Pinson retired in 1966, and was followed by Rev. Thomas Trammel, Rev. Gene Habeshaw,
Rev. Jerry Byrd, and on Easter Sunday of 2015 Brian Claprood became the lead pastor of WCBC.
Many wonderful people have contributed to the success of the church including Claude Youngblood, choir
director for many years, Rev. Daryl Horsley, headmaster of Heritage Baptist School, many Sunday school
teachers, bus drivers and ministers, and youth leaders, deacons, and trustees too numerous to name.
We are forever grateful for their ministry in the lives of our members and community.